Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm Not Looking for a Pen Pal

Dear men, it is a pleasure to meet you on match and exchange emails, it really is. Some of you are funny, witty, intelligent and captivating. I love that some of you spend an extra minute or two to use spell check and write with proper punctuation and even use a paragraph form. It's truly delightful.

However, I did not join match looking for pen pals. Please let's not have emails going back and forth for an eternity - unless you are hoping that one day we will publish Volumes I and II of "Love in the Making - The Story of Us."

So I propose a timeline - you/I wink, I/you email an introductory message, the message is returned, there's interest. In the next round or two of emails the phone numbers are exchanged and are shortly thereafter put into use. Following a successful phone conversation a first meeting (yes, a meeting, not a date) is set, and we meet. If all goes well, I'd be happy to continue to receive many more emails from you.

2 comments:

  1. What? How un-romantic. I, for one, enjoy have a few witty exchanges with a lady before asking her out.

    True, that it can't go on for more than a couple days before the spark of excitement dies... but if a woman is too busy or two uptight to email me for a couple days... then why would I want to date her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I agree. Like I said, a few email correspondences back and forth is expected. Once it goes pass several days and the meeting/date hasn't been scheduled, it's probably not going to happen

    ReplyDelete